Anthony Lee Collins over at U-Town has given me the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.
I’m so excited to have earned my very first blogging award–and that picture is making me drool about the upcoming Hood strawberry season here in Oregon.
There are four rules to receiving this award:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
Yikes. Let’s see. These open-ended questions make me nervous, probably because of my journalism background. Nevertheless:
- I’m a total rule follower.
- Anything red makes me really happy. Especially yarn.
- The only reason I have been able to handle our long, cold, wet spring is due to my handknit shawls. Wearing one is like wrapping myself in a half-blanket, while still looking stylish. (Or at least writerly.)
- I have way more books than bookshelves.
- Hurray for long meandering road trips! I’ve been to every state at least once, and I’ve written a road-trip novel.
- Speaking of states, I’m from New Jersey. I miss my friends and the food, but Portland’s my home now.
- I read every night. No matter what.
3. Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies.
In no particular order:
Christi Craig of Writing Under Pressure
Jody Moller of The Exasperated Novelist
Jo Eberhardt of The Happy Logophile
Christi Krug of Kindling
Lisa of Fitness Forsaken
Lynn Biederstadt of Sky Diaries
Emerald Barnes of Dreaming Awake
Scott Morgan of WriteHook
Liz Hellebuyck of Purgatory (AKA Editing)
Cynthia Sally Haggard of Spun Stories
Raya Budrevich of Blissful Knits & Dyeworks
And finally, Amy Bilhorn Thomas, whose blog I just discovered and am excited to explore and follow.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Will do! Thanks again, Anthony.