Leila Gaskin, over at Write Am I, passed the Liebster Blog Award on to me. Thanks so much, Leila!
Right after her announcement, and before I had a chance to accept the award, I found out that Emerald Barnes of Dreaming Awake awarded me the Liebster as well. Thanks to you, too, Emerald!
And then, much to my astonishment, once again before I had a chance to post the Liebster announcement here on my blog, I was given the same award by Lynnette Gregory. Thank you, Lynnette!
Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. The Liebster Blog Award has a few stipulations:
- Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
- Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favorite bloggers and keep it going!
Here are my five recipients. I’ve chosen them because they all have catchy, confident blogging voices. Their posts aren’t only informative; they’re inevitably fun to read.
- Occasional Epiphanies — Author Emma Burcart has launched a women’s lifestyles blog that’s as witty, thoughtful and engaging as she is.
- Myndi Shafer — Myndi’s blog offers entertaining stories about her family, writing insights and compelling guest posts.
- Ramblings From the Left — Florence, of fOIS in the City, runs a New York-themed writing blog with plenty of personality, insights and beautiful photography. She recently launched a new series, Read to Write, about the books she’s reading.
- Mostly Mommyhood — Krista, Dayl and Jeni dish up delicious content about parenthood, “momstyle,” travel, food and fitness.
- The Graceful Doe — Jo Hart offered exceptional NaNoWriMo updates throughout November, including statistics about how much chocolate and Coca-Cola she consumed. Once a month she compiles a list of helpful writing sites and blog posts, and she maintains a fantastic archive of those links.